Tuesday, May 29, 2012

First Sunday: May 27th

Today (Sunday) was a very relaxing and enjoyable day. I woke up fairly early and sat on the porch this morning. The view from my porch is amazing and so beautiful! I got to listen to Haitian church and the older kids singing their worship songs! I decided to go to the GLA church service this week but I think next week I’m going to check out the Haitian service as well! The GLA service is held on the balcony…such a beautiful view for worshipping God J We then had a big lunch with everyone who came to the service and just sat around and talked. The entire afternoon we played with the kiddos…which was nice because it seemed like we hadn’t seen them in such a long time. They were all excited to get out of their cribs and play on the balcony and I loved just playing with them and kissing them! After dinner we went back to the Toddler house and played with the older kids for awhile. At one point I had 5 or 6 kids trying to climb on me. I’ll have to get a picture of it because it is really adorable. They all just want to be noticed and smiled at! Even the older kids love our attention…it’s very sweet and endearing. I ended the night by reading my book (The Scarlet Thread) which I love! I will probably be up way too late reading it but it's just too good to put down! I've been sleeping like a rock here. I get so tired from the heat and that walking that I usually fall asleep around 8:00 p.m. I haven't gone to bed that early in years! It feels good though...I think I'm making up sleep I lost from my college years :) That is pretty much all from today…it was a really nice way to end the week! I can't wait to start my first full week with my  kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment