Sunday, May 20, 2012

Be courageous!

It is so hard to believe that I will be leaving for Haiti in 4 days! These last few months have flown by so I can only imagine how quickly these 4 days will go. I graduated from Illinois Wesleyan University School of Nursing on April 29th and these past few weeks I have been preparing to take my NCLEX. I will be taking the NCLEX on Tuesday and I am extremely  nervous but I know that I am ready! It will be extremely nice to have my NCLEX done before I leave for Haiti so that I can really enjoy myself and focus while I am there. Again, I appreciate all the love and support that has been given to me. Without it I would not be where I am right now! I ask that you would pray for my health and my safety as I leave for Haiti this week. I also ask that you pray for peace for me as I take this crazy journey! Please also pray for the people in Haiti, especially the children I will be caring for. Last prayer request I promise :)....please pray for peace and health for my family and friends while I am in Haiti (especially for my dad because he is a nervous wreck!!!) I'm a little anxious about the traveling aspect of the trip but I am sure that once I am at the orphanage I will be safe and at ease! Although I'm nervous about this trip...I am also excited beyond belief!!! I cannot wait to see what God has in store for me there. I hope to not only serve at the orphanage but really develop a stronger relationship with Him throughout this experience. It is challenging for me to completely put my anxieties aside and trust in Him but I know that He will watch over me and lead me throughout my trip. I will keep you all updated as often as possible (I'm not entirely sure about the internet/electricity situation but I believe I will have fairly regular access). I hope that you will be able to somewhat "travel" with me through this experience and enjoy it as much as I'm sure I will! I won't have any cell phone access so please e-mail me (hkelson@iwu.edu), write me a message on Facebook, or leave me a message here! I will miss everyone here very much and will love to hear from you all often :) 


I'm keeping Deuteronomy 31:6 close to my heart this week "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you."


Love you all very much and I appreciate your love and prayers this week!!!


Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment