Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Short Kiddo Update: May 29th

Today (Tuesday) was an AMAZING day for me and my kids! My 1 year old little man (in the picture below) took his first step!!!! He isn’t too fond of walking or trying to walk because crawling is easier and works just fine for him. But today I had something he wanted and I was trying to get him walk with me but he let go of my fingers and took one step toward the water bottle by me! It was so fun to see him make this milestone! Of course I couldn’t get him to do it again but I really think he will be walking before I leave. I’m so optimistic about what I can help my kids achieve while I’m here…it’s so good for us to work on developmental skills with them so that they won’t be behind when they are adopted. Another bit of exciting news…my sweet little twin who normally cries when I pick her up…RAN into my arms today. She was so excited to see me I could have cried! She sat on my lap the entire 2 hours she was on the balcony and I just read to her and talked to her. It was so special J Also, the twins aren’t big smilers…the volunteers who have been here for 5 weeks said they have never seen either of them smile and I got both of them to smile for me today! It was only one smile each but it’s a start! We’re getting to know each other over here and I can’t wait to continue. I’m grateful I’m going to be here for an extended amount of time rather than a 1 or 2 week trip because I’ll be able to build solid relationships and hopefully make some substantial progress with these kiddos! Hope you all are well and that you had a good Memorial Day weekend full of relaxation J I’m mostly only homesick at night when I’m typing these and thinking of all of you, haha! Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment