Friday, June 15, 2012

Cinema Night: June 10th

Hi everyone...hope you all had a great weekend! We sure did here! Tonight was cinema night at the toddler house. This consisted of hanging a tarp outside in the yard and projecting a movie (Hop) onto it. We gathered all the toddlers/older kiddos around the tarp in their jammies and got to cuddle and watch the movie. It was really fun! There were of course tons of kiddos up and down on my lap and we didn't spend much time actually watching the movie. I didn't mind not watching the movie though because I loved having 2 whole hours to hug, kiss, and just watch these sweet children. They got to have a special treat (popcorn) with their movie and they all LOVE food so it was funny to watch them enjoy that! They do cinema night every other weekend which is really awesome because I know the kiddos enjoy being able to watch a movie and stay up late! I couldn't even keep track of how many kiddos were in my lap throughout the movie. I loved it though...it was the most fun I've ever had while watching a movie :) I'm putting a picture up of me and my friend (Michelle) with our group of kiddos after the movie!! The little man on my lap is so funny and his reactions to the movie were hilarious! The kids here are so different than any kids I have ever known. I've never met an older child (over the age of 6) who will crawl up on my lap for a significant period of time just because. Every night here there are tons of older kids who ache to be held and kissed! It is the most wonderful thing I have ever seen. Tonight during the movie an older boy (probably around 7 or 8 years old) crawled onto my lap and fell asleep in my lap. He was dead asleep...for most of the movie and I literally carried him (still asleep) to his bed after the movie. Such a special and sweet thing. I feel so blessed to be able to be here and experience these wonderful kiddos and receive the love they give. 

No comments:

Post a Comment